No. of Visitors:
Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm back!

It's been sooooo long since i updated this blog... =p but it's quite heartening to see the counter increasing in number.. I wonder who my faithful supporters are?? hehe.. Lots of things happened in my life since the last time i updated.. Let me recall the important bits...

Valentine's Day
Received a really nice heart-shaped Lee Hwa diamond pendant from simon.. =) It's something that i really like.. heart-shaped diamonds leh!! I like star-shaped ones too.. haha.. I bought a set of Givenchy perfume and after-shave spray for him.. Very nice smelling.. =)

Pharmacy Fair
Went for 3 interviews and landed a job in NTUC Healthcare, which is the Unity Pharmacy lah.. Going to work as a Pre-registration Pharmacist in Unity for 9 mths after graduation.. starting work on 7 June.. I just found out the locations of the stores i'll work in - Marine Parade, Eastpoint, Rivervale Mall and Rivervale Plaza.. all the places i've never ever visited.. haha..

Driving practical test
I took it and failed and cried.. =( I think the crying part may sound silly to most ppl, but i was sad that i failed (i thought it's hard not to feel anything..) so crying when u're sad is quite natural right? Other ppl dun cry when they fail doesn't mean i cannot cry wat! Hmmph..

Simon's birthday
I gave simon a birthday treat at Pariss.. Made a sexy muscleman birthday card for him.. and bought a really cool Kenneth Cole black leather-strap watch for him.. since i've always felt that wearing a nice men's watch reinforces the professional image of the working man.. i thought he can wear it for work when we graduate.. i really think it's a vvvv nice watch, but i only saw him wear it twice.. =X He didn't wear it when he went for his part-time job in office.. Is it unreasonable if i'm displeased abt it? =p

Family issues
I think ppl with a complete and happy family should be grateful.. it's not something that should be taken for granted.. The issues at home were so dramatic that i wasn't sure how to react.. It's comforting that simon was ard sometimes to provide some reassurance.. but he couldn't be ard all the time either..

Then, my younger sis was hospitalised for 18 days.. I was amazed with my ability to cope with such difficult times.. I had to spend abt 12 hours to take care of her everyday, and study for the coming tests and exams at the same time.. It was terrible emotionally.. Seeing her with new problems cropping up each day, feeling the pain when she cried or felt despondent, rushing between the hospital and home each day, the exam stress, having simon telling me i'll regret it if i spend so much time taking care of her and fail my exams, insufficient sleep and food, falling ill, going to sch for tests, having no time for assignments and exam preparations, being alone... Nobody can understand the kind of emotional stress i was under except myself.. I'd really wished for someone to stay by my side to provide some support.. simon did accompany me on several occasions (he spent 20 bucks on cabfare to acc in the hospital in the middle of the night cos i asked if he would come if i'd asked), but i must admit that i was unhappy when he said i didn't have to be with her all the time since nurses were ard, or when he went for fortune telling with his fren without me (since we had wanted to go tog), or mj sessions.. Yup, i didn't have time for him, so it was just so right that he found his own programmes and didn't wait for me.. but i was just unhappy.. =X

After a lil thinking, it was plain to me that my silly unhappiness was uncomparable to what my sis was going through.. She was suffering, and fighting for her life and health in hospital.. I really love my sis alot.. and would sacrifice anything to see her healthy and happy.. And now, i'm glad that she's recovering gradually.. I pray that she'll be healthy and happy forever!

Exams
I had so little time to prepare for my final exams since i had to take care of my sis.. When she was finally discharged fr hospital, i spent so much time trying to catch up on revision and could go without sleep for 4 consecutive nights! It was such a stressful period and i'm really relieved the tough times are all over now! I had my last paper yesterday - YAY!! It was gd that the studying had come to an end, but somehow, i didn't feel that excited afterall..

Some of my thoughts on various issues
I'm always thinking abt lots of things and have lots of thoughts..

1) Good health is really the most important thing in life. Money isn't. We cannot do without $$, but it is totally useless if u're lying in bed without gd health. Those who think $$ is really important must have enjoyed gd health all their lives.

2) I used to think i was such an independent person.. I could do anything, go anywhere alone and not feel helpless or sorry for myself.. and i was so happy being on my own.. But now, i would rather have simon to accompany me if he didn't mind.. Did getting attached for the past 2+ years weaken me? Really hate the feeling of being dependent on someone else.. but i managed to be independent again on a few occasions recently.. pre-employment checkup, gym workout, going to places, having meals alone.. It just occurred to me that once u get used to a certain way of living, it's not that easy to change again..

3) Stories and my experiences made me come to a conclusion.. Females tend to do bitchy stuff like intruding bfs' privacy and peeping at his stuff, while males tend to cheat and two-time..

4) If someone of the opposite sex volunteers to sponsor an expensive overseas trip, u mean everyone will grab the chance even if he/she is not romantically interested in the person? Is grabbing a cheap deal really that attractive? I really wouldn't grab it..

*grace* living in fantasy @
11:39 PM


. The Princess .
~Grace Tan~
~21 years old~
~Born on 03/11/1983~
~Studying Pharmacy at NUS~
~Singapore~

. My Adores .
Food:
~fried rice~
~glutinous rice~
~sweer-and-sour pork~
~seafood~
~steamboat~
Latest craving: SHARK'S FINS!!

Pastimes:
~shopping~
~hitting the gym~
~hanging out with friends~
~counting money..~

People:
~dear dear~
~mom~
~my cute lil sis~
~my close friends..~

Others:
~FEELING...
pretty
rich
smart
capable
loved and pampered~


. My Detests .
~FEELING...
down
poor
unloved
insecure
jealous
ugly and fat
stupid and not getting things right~

~hmm.. maybe just anyone or anything that looks detestable?~


. Archives .
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
May 2006

. Credits .
blogger blogskins sweet-innocence*
Say what you want here!