Just read Jar's blog and found myself mentioned as the "Miss G who went tm's house to help prepare bbq food during 1st yr chalet".. haha.. When simon played mj with the others a few days ago, they mentioned this same topic..
Yeah, i went tm's house ALONE to prepare bbq food for class chalet in year 1.. To me, it was just a helpful act carried out without much thinking.. I mean, i'll do that for any friend if i'm free to help.. So, what's the big deal? But, that lil act of mine turned into a topic for gossip then.. =p I guess when a man and woman are seen tog, a rumour is bound to develop.. Imagine if the tm that i helped was a gal, will there be any gossip? Probably not.. Back then, i was said to be playing hard to get.. Gosh! [I'm not like a piece of pork right? Why would i hang myself high up there for sale?] I wasn't even interested.. When i'm interested, i can even make the 1st move.. Play hard to get? Never.
In the past, i always thought that men and women can be platonic friends, even very close friends. So, when a guy friend is friendly to me, chats with me online, asks me out for a meet-up, etc, i'll treat him as a friend.. Like any other female friend.. I won't even think that he's interested in me.. But, i eventually realised that i can regard a guy as a friend.. but he may not think so, the ppl ard me may not think so.. The hated rumours arise..
So, most often than not, men and women can't exist as platonic friends.. The relationship tends to develop into something more.. Or, ppl gossip abt it so much that it affects the relationship..
I'm bad at handling relationships between men and women.. Back in my young teenage years, i've been on many dates with guys whom i regarded as friends.. Though some of them were interested, i rarely sensed it myself early.. They must send obvious hints, tell me explicitly, or i must hear gossips before i realise the interest.. haha.. So, i must have sent many wrong signals back then.. I'm so sorry for those whom i led on.. I really wanted to develop a FRIENDSHIP with u cos i thought that was what u wanted too.. =p
Am i being insensitive? Or is it because men always think there's something more when there really isn't? Pls rem this: whenever i'm nice to u, i treat u as my friend.. If there's something more, i'll tell u.. Dun think too much into it k..
Whatever.. I won't ever help to prepare bbq food at any guy's house alone again.. Not going to be helpful to men other than simon anymore.. haha.. The curious ppl out there can stop wondering if i'll help in food prep for chalets in future.. =p
Lastly, for recording purposes, i fell down today cos it was really slippery after a heavy rain.. Now, my back and butt hurt.. i can't sit or lie or stand or squat or bend without feeling pain.. Poor me!